Thursday, February 21, 2008

There is a need!

This morning I received a phone call from Samson. Amongst other things Samson spoke of a visit he had made to a family in a particular Karen village. The children in this family have been a part of Samson's bible study (when he had traveled on occasion to their village). On the phone Samson relayed the story of these children (early to mid teens) crying as they asked Teacher Samson if there was any way for them to come to Baan Puk Dek Nakrean this year. Their parents then told of their deep desire to have their children come also. This family is very poor, Samson told me, and unless the children could come to BPDN they would not be able to continue their education. Samson (with expectation and hope in his voice) said to me 'I said they couldn't come this year...is that right teacher?' Peacefully I replied 'We trust that God will give us what we need Samson. We have 6 leaders, we can take 3 more students, I think'. Samson let out a huge sigh...'oh teacher, Praise God! I will tell them they can come'.

So....precious friends....we need an extra 3 sponsors. We will have 24 students this year. We have 18 children/leaders sponsored already and have another 6 to go. If you can help with this...please let us know. Sponsorship is a monthly commitment of $35. It pays for their schooling, food, accommodation and much more.

No comments: